Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Flash That Stash

I had so much fun a few weeks ago arranging all my lace yarn into a color wheel and taking its picture that I decided to do the same thing with my sock yarn. Now that's a really scary proposition - I am fond of lace yarn (think chocolate) but addicted to sock yarn (think cocaine).

I have this afternoon off, so I hauled the sock yarn storage boxes all downstairs, went out on the lawn and started playing. The arrangement was quite challenging - does this yarn that has blue, brown and purple belong in Blue, Brown, Purple or Multi? Is this one a red brown or a brown red? This is the kind of thing that makes most guys I know go completely bonkers; it's a good thing the main man in my life has four feet and a tail.

Well, here it is in all its glory:
IMG_3424 016
66 pairs of socks' worth of yarn. At my current rate of knitting, that represents a steady 5.5 years of work. I think of it as a form of insurance against economic downturns!

No comments: