Saturday, June 26, 2010

Why Dyers Reskein

I thought my new self-striping yarns looked pretty good yesterday. I twisted them into fake skeins to photograph them, but the yarn was still really in those ultra-long loops I dyed it in. I could have left it that way but I didn't know how long it'd be before I dyed all of it, and I was concerned about potential tangling. So I dug out my old inkle loom and wound the yarn into standard-sized skeins.

Transformation!

IMG_4402 005

IMG_4400 003

IMG_4399 002

4 comments:

The Unraveled Librarian said...

These are beautiful! I especially love the first one. Did you spin and dye these yourself?

Diana said...

I sure did - the post two earlier than that one (http://sockknittinglibrarian.blogspot.com/2010/06/it-is-good-day-to-dye.html) has the details!

Diana said...

Dyed them myself, that is. The yarn was purchased, undyed, from wool2dye4.com.

Anonymous said...

nice! that loom sure looks complicated though... ;-)