Saturday, December 27, 2008

Clogapalooza

This year I said it right out loud. I told my family and friends, "I'm not doing any Christmas knitting this year. The three pairs of socks last year took so much of my fall knitting time that I'm taking a year off."

Then I started thinking what to get for certain of my friends and I realized that one dear lady of my acquaintance would really go for a pair of those famous Fiber Trends Felt Clogs. I made a pair for myself last winter and I love them so much!

So I ordered two colors of yarn from elann.com and fortunately I got a cold that week, so I had a day off work to sit and knit on my sofa. The clogs were occasionally imperiled by a Nyquill-induced inability to count, but I ripped back when necessary and lo and behold, before I knew it they were all knitted up.

Well, that was the moment I drank the fatal Kool-Aid. I got a little crazed, and you know, those online yarn stores are so dangerous - they're open at night, when your resistance is low. Before I knew what I was doing,

BAM!
IMG_2901 001
There were five pairs.

Now, I know that's not any kind of a world record, but it's pretty good for me! And all the recipients have seemed pleased:
IMG_2914 001 cropped

No comments: