Tuesday, November 24, 2009

South America Day 6: Quarantine

November 24, 2009

Today was pretty boring for little old me. I'm still recovering from my bout of acute gastroenteritis, although I feel much better, but I'm officially quarantined for twenty four hours from onset. So I bid Dad farewell for his tour and settled into bed.

I napped, knit on my sock, and called Room Service for some Jell-O and toast, then I surfed the TV channels to try to see if there was anything worthwhile. They have FOX News, CNN, and some movies over a closed-circuit channel but not movies that really appealed. Also the TV is really small and awkwardly located; I developed a crick in my neck fairly rapidly. So I went back to knitting. And napping.

Take my advice: never get sick away from your DVD player!

No comments: