Wednesday, June 4, 2008

China Day 05: Collapse!

No, nothing terrible happened, we just collapsed!

Dad and I had a goal to go out for street food one night. We didn't necessarily want a major food challenge, but we wanted to dine on something a bit more exotic than the admittedly tasty but a bit monotonous meals we had been eating in restaurants. I didn't want us to get sick, but I figured that not many bacteria could survive deep-frying, so we would probably be OK. Since this was our last night in Beijing, and the only night since we arrived that we weren't eating with the group, it was our only chance.

Dad was pretty tired (well, so was I, come to that - I'd napped on the bus back) so he said he'd take a nap and then we'd go out. Unfortunately when he woke up from his nap he was too tired to go eat. This is what we ended up with:


I've gotta admit, though, the trip's cheap!

No comments: