Thursday, June 19, 2008

China Day 20: Conspiracy Theory

I forgot to mention something interesting from Dad's day: they got approached by members of the Falun Gong, which is either a persecuted minority religion or a subversive anti-government conspiracy group depending on who you talk to. There's no disputing that China has outlawed them.

I don't know how long they talked to Dad and the gang, but they gave them newspapers detailing their side of the story. Dad said Frankie told them it was OK to take the papers if they wanted to, but not to try to take them to the airport or "you might be staying in Hong Kong longer than you would like to." Well, to me, that's the kind of thing I treat as a challenge.
China-2104
China-2105
China-2106
China-2107
If you want to read the articles, click them bigger. Nobody tried to see what was on my camera card!

No comments: