Wednesday, June 25, 2008

She Knits Other Stuff Too!

I wouldn't want you to think I was a one-note wonder, trapped in Sock Hell for all my days. I recently had a serious outbreak of Baby Surprise Jackets, too! I am most blessed to have a Family I Can Knit For, who keep conveniently supplying me with new victims, I mean recipients for my art:

One:
Paul in BSJ
Note to self: Even for a newborn, when you knit this pattern in sock yarn it comes out pretty small.

Two:
Baby Surprise Jacket Cropped
Patons SWS in Natural Berry, Natural Moss and Natural Geranium. Gorgeous yarn!

Three:
IMG_2866 001
Work in progress - I hope to finish it by next weekend. Should be no problem (famous last words.) Patons Shetland Chunky - again, a really nice yarn - in Earthy Brown, Taupe, and Winter Moon (variegated).
Hey! It matches my sofa eerily well!

Pattern can be obtained from Schoolhouse Press: http://www.schoolhousepress.com/spunout.htm
and it was printed in several of Elizabeth Zimmermann's books too: "Knitting Workshop" and "The Opinionated Knitter" at least; they're still in print, or you may have luck at your local library (try Interlibrary Loan if necessary.) People have told me they have trouble finding good sweater patterns for little boys - there are no end of cute ones for girls - and I'm here to tell you that this sweater works just as well for either, depending on the yarn you pick!

No comments: